We know that choosing the right accommodation option in San Diego is important for your experience and for the success of your California adventure. Should you stay in a residence in San Diego? Should you stay in a San Diego homestay? We believe the best way to improve your English conversational skills and to learn about San Diego and the American culture, is to live with a local American homestay. You will be welcomed into the family and treated like you are part of the family! All of our San Diego homestays are managed in house and we are constantly looking for the best options for you!
San Diego Homestay Highlights
- We carefully select and monitor our homestays
- Safe environment to learn English and create friendships
- Carrying homestays from different backgrounds
- Practice your English skills every day
- Be exposed to the American culture 24 hours a day
- Breakfast and dinner included
- Rooms include comfortable bed, place to study and a dresser
- Check-in Saturday (after 3:00pm) and check-out Saturday (before 11:00am)
- Average commute to/from CLA San Diego is 25 – 45 minutes by public transportation
- Choice of single rooms or double rooms depending on availability
- All families receive CLA’s “Home-Sweet-Home” training
2018 Accommodation Placement Fee (non-refundable) : $125
Half-board (single): $2950/week; half-board (double): $275/week
Homestay prices include breakfast and dinner daily. Surcharge of $25/week in July and August due to high demand.
Send an email to homestay@CLA.edu to book your homestay or if you have any questions about our homestay program.
Become a homestay here.